Forums » Animal Cruelty in Product Testing

Alternatives for Testing Cosmetics Products on Animals

• 4 posts
    August 3, 2020 9:17 AM EDT

As hard as it is to believe, animal experiments for cosmetics and household products continue even though non-animal tests are widely available. Instead of measuring how long it takes a chemical to burn the cornea of a rabbit’s eye, manufacturers can now drop that chemical onto cornea-like 3D tissue structures produced from human cells. Likewise, human skin cultures can be grown and purchased for skin irritation testing.

These alternatives to animal testing include sophisticated tests using human cells and tissues (also known as in vitro methods), advanced computer-modeling techniques (often referred to as in silico models), and studies with human volunteers. These and other non-animal methods are not hindered by species differences that make applying animal test results to humans difficult or impossible, and they usually take less time and money to complete.

• 2 posts
    August 3, 2020 9:59 AM EDT

One of the example of non-animal research methods available and their demonstrated benefits: Research With Human Volunteers 

A method called “microdosing” can provide vital information on the safety of an experimental drug and how it is metabolized in humans prior to large-scale human trials. Volunteers are given an extremely small one-time drug dose, and sophisticated imaging techniques are used to monitor how the drug behaves in the body. Microdosing can replace certain tests on animals and help screen out drug compounds that won’t work in humans so that they won’t needlessly advance to government-required animal testing.

Advanced brain imaging and recording techniques—such as functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI)—with human volunteers can be used to replace archaic experiments in which rats, cats, and monkeys have their brains damaged. These modern techniques allow the human brain to be safely studied down to the level of a single neuron (as in the case of intracranial electroencephalography), and researchers can even temporarily and reversibly induce brain disorders using transcranial magnetic stimulation.

• 1 posts
    March 20, 2021 12:22 PM EDT

If you are worrying about getting good grade marks on your assignments, then I recommend that you get some best assignment help so you won't have to be too much anxious about it. I have been recommending them to my friends who are also experiencing the same issue and they told me that it was indeed a big help for them and their kids as well. If you need more details about this, please feel free to message me.