Forums » Animal Cruelty in Product Testing

out. COLD BATH Martinez got an ice

• 528 posts
    December 12, 2018 9:11 PM EST

AVONDALE, Ariz. Authentic Adrian Dantley Jersey . -- Matt Kenseth had one of those rare seasons in which everything seemed to go right every time he got behind the wheel of his car. Until the one day he couldnt afford for anything to go wrong. Kenseth had one of his poorest performances of the season Sunday, finishing 23rd at Phoenix International Raceway to allow Jimmie Johnson to seize control of the championship race. Johnson, who started the day up seven points in the standings, finished third behind Kevin Harvick and Kasey Kahne to pad his lead to 28 points. The five-time champion goes to next Sundays season finale at Homestead needing to finish 23rd or better to win the title. Kenseth, who won his only championship 10 years ago, gave what sounded like a concession speech following his disappointing day. "Of course Im disappointed -- we go there basically without a shot to win," Kenseth said. "On the other hand, I couldnt be happier and more proud of my team and, man, this has been the best year of my racing career. We hoped to go down to Homestead and race for it on performance. On the other hand, Im extremely happy and really, really proud of my team. "Theres not a car out here Id rather be driving. Weve had just an amazing, incredible season and weve still got one week left. So Im really thankful for them putting me in a car and everybody who has given me this opportunity." Johnson, who had a mechanical failure in last years season finale and finished 36th, wasnt ready to claim the title following his workmanlike performance at Phoenix. "Were heading into Homestead in the position we want to be in," Johnson said. "Ill have to go down there and run 400 miles. Its far from over. Youve got to finish that race. Although we have a nice cushion, we still have to go down there and take care of business." Harvick won at Phoenix for the second consecutive year, capitalizing when Carl Edwards ran out of gas coming to the white flag. But all eyes were on Kenseth, who struggled mightily for the first time in the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship and for one of the few times this season. Kenseth had only finished lower than 23rd four times this entire season, and three were related to either engine failure or a crash. But his car was off from the very start, and he struggled to even tell crew chief Jason Ratcliff what adjustments to make on a Toyota he described at one point as "just not drivable." "I dont even know what to tell you to fix, to be honest," Kenseth radioed. "I am so aero tight. So aero tight." Figuring track position and clean air was the only fix, Ratcliff opted for a strategy of having Kenseth do the opposite of other drivers: If they pitted, Kenseth did not, and vice versa. It worked as Kenseth cracked the top 10, but then backfired badly on a pit stop at the worst possible time. Moments after contact between Johnson and Carl Edwards knocked Johnson out of the groove and forced him to save his Chevrolet from wrecking, a caution was called for Josh Wises spin. The Joe Gibbs Racing crew botched the pit stop, changing strategy mid-stop, and Kenseth compounded the problem by running over his air hose. His car had to be backed up before it could be serviced. It dropped him to 30th, two laps down, and he restarted behind Johnson at the one opportunity hed had to make up some ground. "I called left sides trying to get some track position, and I looked up and there werent many cars coming down pit road, so I thought we might as well put four on it," Ratcliff said. "But when I called four, those guys had left-side tires in their hands and half of them went over the wall and had to come back to get the right-side tires. Its just a mess. "I let the guys down. They do a great job on pit road and I made them look bad with the mix-up." Johnson, stressed over the incident with Edwards, knew when he saw Kenseth behind him after the caution that he was in great shape. "I was starting to get worried at that point in time, but seemed shortly thereafter we left pit road and (Kenseth) was behind me again ... I felt like I knew I could manage things and it was about trying to get points again," Johnson said. So off in the waning laps, Kenseths frustration could be heard over the radio when he couldnt pass Bobby Labonte and David Gilliland. "Man, this is bad," Kenseth said. "I cant believe I cant even pass these two cars." Although he wasnt great all weekend, Kenseth said he never saw Sundays performance coming. "Honestly, it was the first day like that, that weve had all season long," Kenseth said. "That just, gosh, that speaks volumes about my team, we havent had a day like that all year where weve been far enough where we couldnt stay on the lead lap. It was an unfortunate, disappointing day, but man, we did the best we could do. We just were off." After seven wins this season, Kenseths first driving for Joe Gibbs Racing, Ratcliff did not believe the team choked. "Everybodys going to say, Oh, the pressure got to them, "he said. "Just poor execution on a track thats so hard to pass. Youre trying to make up for something that happened earlier and it just snowballs on you. The car wasnt responding to changes. Wed make another change and it wouldnt help it, so wed put that back and make another change and I dont know if that was better or worse, so I was like Just quit working on the thing, its not responding. "We were just trying to make something out of nothing." Harvick, meanwhile, picked up his fourth win of the season when Edwards ran out of gas headed to the white flag. Harvick sailed by right before the last lap to grab another memorable moment in a career with Richard Childress Racing that will end next week after 13 seasons. The victory also put Harvick in the title race -- albeit as a long shot, 34 points behind Johnson. "Were talking about locking him in the port-a-potty, so that should sum it up," Harvick joked. "Those guys are good at what they do and theyre good at every track." Jazz Jerseys China . NORRIS COLE (Heat): Its funny, you watch a guy play and now really produce and it just jumps off the page at you - why? You put a young player with potential in a winning environment where there is veteran leadership, outstanding coaching and management and a way that things are done and its a wonderful environment for growth, improvement in a climate of constant accountability and expectation of achievement/production. Authentic Jonas Jerebko Jersey . The alleged sexual assault is believed to have happened over the weekend of Feb. 1, when the hockey team was in Thunder Bay for two games against Lakehead University. The criminal investigation branch of the Thunder Bay Police Service is leading the investigation with help from Ottawa police.DETROIT -- Max Scherzer and Brad Ausmus both knew early on Thursday afternoon that something special might be happening. Their reactions were slightly different. When Scherzer struck out eight Pittsburgh batters in the first three innings, Ausmus was thinking of two of the worst days of his playing career. "Ive been the victim of two 20-strikeout games, and when he started out that fast, I was starting to wonder if he could put up a huge total," said Ausmus, who faced Roger Clemens in his 1996 20-K game and Kerry Wood two years later. "He was making pitches that looked like the ones Kerry was throwing that day." Scherzer also knew a big number was possible, but he didnt care about records. "I was thinking about it, but not for the reason you probably think," he said. "When Im getting that many strikeouts early, it means Ive throwing all four of my pitches, Im getting hitters into the kill-zone counts and Im putting them away. When thats happening, I know Im probably going to have a good day." As it turned out, Scherzer had to settle for only 14 strikeouts in eight shutout innings, leading the Detroit Tigers to a 5-2 victory. "He pitched like a Cy Young winner," Pittsburgh manager Clint Hurdle said. "The volume of pitches that he can throw and command is impressive. I think theres 29 teams in this league that could find a spot for him at the top of their rotation." Scherzer (14-4) took another step toward a second straight American League Cy Young Award, holding Pittsburgh to three hits and two walks. Since June 22, Scherzer is 6-1 in 10 starts with a 1.78 ERA and 85 strikeouts as opposed to only 52 hits. Scherzers performance and a homer from J.D. Martinez gave the Tigers a much-needed sweep of the short two-game series and a split of the four games in the home-and-home series that started Monday in Pittsburgh. Francisco Liriano (3-9) took a tough loss for Pittsburgh, allowing two runs on three hits and four walks in six innings. He struck out nine, but wasnt able to match Scherzers brilliance. The game was a classic pitchers duel early, with Scherzer striking out 11 batters in the first five innings while Liriano hadnt allowed a hit through four. Martinez, though, changed things with a long homer off Liriano to start the fifth. Detroit posed a much bigger threat to Liriano in the next inning, loading the bases with one out. Torii Hunter struck out, but Liriano walked Martinez with his 99th pitch of the game to make it 2-0. That was enough for Scherzer, who cruised through eighth innings without much stress. "We needed a win, and our bullpen needed a break," Scherzer said. "So thiss was a huge game for us. Authentic Pete Maravich Jersey. quot; The Tigers broke the game open in the eighth, scoring one run on a throwing error by Michael Martinez before Nick Castellanos added a two-run single. That became important when Gaby Sanchez hit a 2-run homer off Phil Coke in the ninth. TRAINERS ROOM Detroit: The Tigers had to make another roster move Thursday, thanks to the injuries sustained by Justin Verlander, Anibal Sanchez and Joakim Soria. Buck Farmer, who started Wednesdays game, was sent to Triple-A Toledo, while RHP Melvin Mercedes was recalled from the Mud Hens. Pittsburgh: Neil Walker has missed 11 of the last 12 games with back tightness, but Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said he isnt heading for the DL. Walker was on the on-deck circle as a pinch hitter when Thursdays game ended. SS Jordy Mercer left the game with tightness in his right forearm, and Hurdle didnt know if he would miss any time. UP NEXT Detroit: The Tigers welcome back recently traded Austin Jackson on Friday in the first of a three-game series with the Mariners. Jackson, who left in the deadline deal for David Price, will face Rick Porcello (13-7, 3.11), while James Paxton (2-0, 2.38) starts for Seattle. Pittsburgh: The Pirates head for the nations capital for a three-game weekend series against the Nationals. Charlie Morton (5-11, 3.62) starts for Pittsburgh in Fridays opener, while the Nationals will have Tanner Roark (11-7, 2.86) on the mound. NATHAN APOLOGIZES Tigers closer Joe Nathan apologized Tuesday for the Italian chin-flick gesture he aimed at the Comerica Park crowd Wednesday night. "I think both sides were frustrated," he said. "I was frustrated. Fans obviously were frustrated. I think for myself, I would apologize for that." Nathan, who has a 5.11 ERA, was booed by the fans during the ninth inning of Detroits win over the Pirates, and responded after the final out. COLD BATH Martinez got an ice bath after the game, but it wasnt because of his home run. He was the latest Tiger to take part in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, a day after Joba Chamberlain took part. Martinezs dousing was provided by Castellanos, but Martinez immediately turned the tables, calling out Castellanos as the next Tigers player to get soaked for charity. Chamberlain was a little more daring, tagging Ausmus in his list. SNIDER VERSUS THE TIGERS Travis Snider was Pittsburghs biggest weapon in the home-and-home series with Detroit. He hit .467 (7-for-15) in the four games, with six of the seven hits going for extra bases. His leadoff double in the fourth provided one of the few scoring chances against Scherzer. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseyscheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '